Lines open from 8am - 9pm 7 days a week

Cycle Law

Claiming Cycle Accident Compensation From The MIB

If you’ve been involved in a bike accident with an uninsured driver or are the victim of a “hit and run” accident, it is still possible to make a compensation claim for your injuries.

However, in such instances the claim will be made through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau and not, as in the case of insured drivers, through third party insurers.

The MIB is a non-profit making company set up by the motor insurance industry. They have agreements with the UK government to compensate victims of motor accidents in the following situations…

Victims of uninsured drivers

If your accident was caused by a driver who was not covered by insurance, you are entitled to make a claim to the MIB.

Victims of untraced drivers

If you are involved in a “hit and run” accident and the driver responsible was never traced, you may be entitled to compensation from the MIB.

Victims of accidents with foreign registered vehicles

The MIB also compensates UK citizens who are involved in accidents with foreign registered vehicles, either in the UK or within the European Economic Area.

You are only entitled to recover compensation from the MIB if fault can be established on the part of the driver who you hold responsible. If you were partly responsible for the accident, any compensation payment may be reduced.

The MIB will conduct a thorough investigation, which will include…

  • Establishing the facts
  • Confirming the identity of those involved
  • Obtaining reports from independent motor engineers or witnesses
  • Obtaining a police report
  • Contacting other organisations, such as the DVLA
  • Obtaining copies of your medical records
  • Obtaining a report from an independent medical expert

Macks Solicitors have extensive experience of making bike accident claims through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, as well as through third party insurers.

One of our specialist lawyers will take care of every aspect of the claim process on your behalf, including medical care and rehabilitation.

Call us for advice on your eligibility for a claim through the MIB on 0800 980 9385 without obligation, or fill in our simple online claim form.

Cycle Compensation

Our specialist lawyers have recovered millions of pounds on behalf of injured claimants and will guide you through your cycle claim.

Cycle Repairs

Recovering the full cost of getting your bike repaired or replaced, so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.


To alleviate pain, help you return to work or get back on your bike. We will help you make the best recovery possible.

Call from a mobile
0330 166 5182

Call from a landline
0800 980 9385

Lines open from 8am - 9pm 7 days a week

Your Name*

Contact Number*

Email Address*